Monday, June 28, 2010

Worst birthday party photo



Birthday party photos should also be called "accidental photography." You just cannot plan anything ahead of time. You certainly cannot stage anything, because that would take away from their playing time, which is what the kids really should be doing anyway.


I don't usually like to do things that way. I would typically want to have an idea of what I want to express with my photo, and then go look for suited subjects for that specific purpose. At occasions like birthday parties, I suppose I have to recognize before that very situation present itself as worthwhile. Because it happens so fast, and without warning of any sort, I have no control over what can unfold any minute. So, if it happens at all, it is nothing but a convenient accident, not a whole lot more.

If you take photos a lot, I think it can get to the point where you know before it happens. I haven't decided if I like that kind of photography. I want to try it out and see if there is anything in it.


I do think that this photo says a lot about what is happening. Very interesting.



Pentax K10D
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50/1.4
1/80 @ f/2.8
-0.3 ev
ISO 200
JPEG

No comments:

Post a Comment