Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Friendship, I guess . . . .



You know, I have nothing against homosexuality. It is just that I am not one. Although, I have to say that in the last few years, I have not quite been heterosexual either. More like asexual, I guess. I have been told that this is to be expected as I get older. Nothing to be embarrassed about. I see.



Aside from mediocre sculpting skill so well demonstrated by this picture, I don't really have a problem with this. At least I kept trying to tell myself that, you know, there was nothing odd here. But, I kept looking at that hand. It looked as though it had a mind of its own, or that the artist purposely singled it out so that I the observer would pay attention to its subtle and gentle curvature of the fingers that symbolized forced subordination.

But, for some reasons I just didn't like the way this hand was being rested on this guy's shoulder. For one, the guy on the right, with someone's hand softly rested on the shoulder, looked very uncomfortable. I wasn't sure if he was really uncomfortable, or that it was just a crappy sculpture technique. It was just that this hand looked as though it had too many purposes. It could well be that the hand gave out that impression because it was a sculpture of a catholic bishop and his "follower." There is to me definitely a sense of inappropriateness in it.

I just couldn't stop looking at it.


Pentax K20D
DA 35/2.8 macro ltd
1/1600 @ f/3.2
-0.7 ev
ISO 400
RAW

1 comment:

  1. I think PENTAX lens is excellent in depiction. I often use PENTAX Z-1 model, I have some single focal lens,especially use F2.8 [ 85mm ]. The photograph of Mr.nubinubinubi feels charm.

    Jpapa

    ReplyDelete