Sunday, June 27, 2010

iphone




I am a long long time Mac user. It used to be that I wouldn't dream of using anything other than Mac. I still use Mac, but I don't feel as emotionally constrained by Apple products any more.

In the old days, and until recently, I just didn't see other platforms such as windows as viable options. Now, their operating software has grown, improved, and became more of an option, but not enough to switch over, yet.

Especially someone like me who tries to play with graphics. I am so used to the "system" that too many things are of second nature already.

Having said that, I am becoming less and less fond of Apple products. Their OS has become somewhat complicated, and I find myself unable to work it out by playing with it for a while. This was never an issue before. It is now.

Since the arrival of iphone, things are even more different. They even admit it, that they are no longer just "computer" company. I wish they still were.

Now they sells not only computers, smart phones, softwares, online services like Mobile me, along with other crap like iTune store.

I used iphone for about 8 months. One day my iphone was in my bag, along with a not so tightly closed soda bottle. As a result, it got doused in it, and the screen went dark. So, I went back to Apple store, wanting to buy another one, naturally. They wanted to charge $700 for it, since the replacement will not be subsidized by AT & T, another lame ass company. At the time I bought my iphone, they wouldn't let me buy insurance policy; I knew then why they wanted to do that. So, I took the sim card out, and left that stupid iphone right there on the counter. The store clerk asked me what I wanted them to do with it. I told them to throw it away. I went straight to AT & T, and canceled my line, and gladly paid early termination fee. Their service was just awful, not to mention reception.

I had iphone withdrawals for about a day, then that was that. I am now with Verizon, and yes they suck just as bad in terms of customer services, but the reception is slightly better. I am ditching them too though, in about a year. I don't need a contract. I don't make that many calls with it anyway. A pay-as-you-go phone is more than adequate.



The new iphone 4 just came out, and apparently, you have to hold it in certain ways to optimize the reception signals.

You have got to be kidding me, right??


Pentax K10D
DA 35/2.8 macro ltd
1/20 @ f/4
0 ev
ISO 400
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment