Thursday, June 3, 2010

LBA (Lens Buying Addiction)




I forgot who it was, but the term "lens buying addiction (LBA)" was first coined by a guy who used to shoot Pentax equipment. In fact, because of this term that he came up with, he was named the "Pentaxian of the year" by Ned Bunnel the president of Pentax USA and his group.


Because I have lots of lenses, my wife also suspects that I have LBA.

Far from it, really.


There are guys on the Pentax forum that I know whose lens inventory easily clears 3 digits. My God. I don't even have the early symptoms.

Recently I bought a trick lens called a Lensbaby composer. It is I guess sort of like a shit lens. I am still learning it, and pretty difficult to get a hang of it, as you can see.


Pentax K-7
Lensbaby Composer with double glass optic
1/2500 @ ~f/2.8
-0.3 ev
ISO 200
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment