Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Survival of the fittest in my backyard





We are blessed in that the income I bring home is not only enough to feed the mouth of my daughter and wife, but also enough to buy a property where apparently a lot goes on when I am not looking.

Because I had absolutely nothing to do (again), so today I decided to take a walk down there.

Yep. You guessed it. I found this at the edge of my property. Whatever this was, he was eaten pretty good. Obviously I have to take a picture or two so that I can show it. Then I heard this rustling noise in deep in the bush where I was standing in front of. The sun was setting. It gave me the creep. Whichever animal was picking on this poor soul may well be standing right behind me in the bush there.

Shit.

I packed my stuff and left in a hurry. Got back to the house, and showed it to wife and kid. We said wow's and woo's, and naturally, my daughter wanted to go look at it herself. So we went down there the very next day, gingerly taking steps down on the wooden stairs, and then to the crime scene.

-Where is it, dad, she says.

The thing was no longer there. I guess not as homey as it feels down here. I have since then observed deers, bob cats, squarrels, armadillo, and other small animals roaming down there as if it is their playground; well I guess it is.




Pentax K-7
DA 35/2.8 macro ltd
1/500 @ f/8
0 ev
ISO 400
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment