Saturday, June 19, 2010

Worst antique car photography








Well, not quite. This one came out better than planned.

Every Saturday morning, there is what we call "the farmer's market" where local organic growers gather around near the city hall and sell what they just harvested. There I saw the truck, actually being used to haul around the produces. You just don't see these old cars around any more. So I figured I would take a picture of it.

I had a very wide angle lens today; 15mm. I don't know why, but when I have this lens attached to my camera, I like to get really close to the subject. I find the perspective very interesting. My camera Pentax K-7 has a feature that correct the distortion often seen in wide angles. I personally think that with DA 15 the pictures look more interesting with that feature off. I forgot to turn that off on this pic.

Interestingly, it seems to me that DA 21 has even more distortion than the 15mm/f4. Many people don't like that lens for that very reason. I am on the other hand, being a scrooge that I am, the exact opposite. If it wasn't for that distortion, that lens would just be another run of the mill lens . . . . .


1st picture
Pentax K-7
DA 15/4 limited
1/200 at f/7.1
+0.3 ev
ISO 200
Raw


2nd picture
Pentax K-7
DA 15/4 ltd
1/100@f/5.6
0 ev
ISO 200
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment