Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Worst fireworks picture




Low light photography is very hard. It is needlessly hard. But there are ways around it, if you have lots of cash. There are so called "pro model" which is heralded for its ability to shoot noise free clear photos where very little light is available.

You can also buy lenses that have low aperture, or so called "fast" lenses that has the ability to take in more light than its cheaper counterparts. In fact this is part of what you pay for when you guy expensive lenses.

My camera Pentax K-7 is famous for having lots of noise. Some users dispute that, and I do neither, because I really don't care. All I know is that even with K-7 I take crappy pictures all the time.

Pentax recently came out with their medium format digital camera 645D. Its ability to take amazing pictures under low light is reportedly out of this world. I would hope so since it costs nearly $10,000.

Being July 4th, and practically not knowing anything about low light photography, I thought I gave fireworks a try. It looks terrible.



Pentax K-7
DA* 50-135/2.8
1/60 @ 2.8
+1.7 ev
ISO 1600
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment