Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pentax DA 70mm/2.4 ltd








This is I think a very good lens. Pentax fans don't seem to hold this in the same regards as the coveted FA 77/1.8 ltd. They are both excellent lenses. The only difference to me is that the latter is full frame (135mm size sensor, so called FF), and DA 70 is not. But, some people who have conducted pretty convincing experiments of their own and concluded that DA 70 is FF compatible.


Yes yes yes I understand that the difference between 1.8 and 2.4 can be more than huge. But at its own set of most preferable conditions, I think only a fair comparison of optical quality can be made.

This is a very sharp lens, especially if focused correctly. Even at its widest aperture of 2.4, as this picture was taken, it is pretty sharp, even in the corners as you can see. I will say that the focal length is such that for subjects that tend to move, like children, it can be a bit of a challenge.

I think that this is a lens that I will use more and more as my kid gets older. I am hoping that one day she stays absolutely still.


Pentax K10D
DA 70/2.4 ltd
1/250 @ f/2.4
0 ev
ISO 100
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment