Friday, July 16, 2010

Global Warming



I am not sure if the global warming that we hear about daily is a real phenomenon. It sure feels like it; 112 degrees today at where I currently reside. Humidity was quite high today also. It was just oppressive. I don't know how else to put it. But it truly sucked today. By far the worst feeling day of the year, that was for sure.

We have three cars. We need all of them. Public transport around here I am afraid to use it, because I may not come out of it alive, based on the type of clientele that utilize the service. Of the three cars we have, the one with the best gas mileage is the 2 seater you see in the middle. Yet, it falls well short of 20 miles per gallon. It gets more like 16 to 18. Now, 2 others that we have are SUV's. They guzzle their hearts out. One of them, Infiniti Q56, barely gets 10 miles per gallon.


This past week, east cost was consumed in a massive heat wave. This week, souther California is getting roasted. I hear people in Russia are drowning at an alarming rate because it is so hot there and people try to get drunk and cool off in the water.


We have three cars, and all of them are gas guzzlers. Maybe it is time to change. Our infiniti's lease is about to expire. Perhaps we ought to get an electrical car, or plug in Prius.

I don't know. Will see.

4 comments:

  1. Get a Prius and with all of the money you save on gas you can get the 645D. Then let me borrow it.

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except that we don't drive that much. In 2 1/2 years we have put in only about 15,000 miles . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Then let me borrow it.

    Mark, you can borrow my Prius any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL

    Ok, I'll borrow the Prius - just make sure you leave the camera bag in the back.

    ReplyDelete