Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Carl Zeiss lenses



No no no, I did not buy yet another lens.

3 months or so ago I bought a Carl Zeiss planar T* 50/1.4. By the way, it is focal lengths/max aperture when I say 50/1.4. I suppose I ought to explain that kind of thing for the millions of beginners who are reported to be reading this blog daily.

I love this lens. It is manual focus only, which is fine with me, of course. The color, and the bokeh are just awesome. I am certain that if a tech nerd was to analyze the sharpness numerically, the result will probably not be so impressive. But something about the make up of the lenses and the aperture blade shape that render such weird effect. No other line up of lenses do that. If I ever buy another lens (other than MF lenses), it will be Zeiss. I wish they would come out with Pentax MF mount lenses. That would be something.



Pentax K-7
Carl Zeiss planar T8 50/1.4
1/30 @ f/2.0
0 ev
RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment