Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Worst child portraiture



I have been taking pictures, almost continuously, since my little girl was born almost 4 years ago.

Since then, she has gotten very used to taking her own pictures taken. She looks at her own pictures, or at herself on a mirror, and then practices this pose or that.

Now she is beginning to pose for specifically for a picture. She seems to understand the difference between "staged" pictures and snap shots. Kids are weird.

Classic teaching on portraiture, I am certain, is that you open up your aperture as much as the situation allows it, so that the background will be blur, accentuating the subject. Been there, done that. Here I closed the aperture as much as I can, bringing the details of the background into the picture. It looks terrible.


Pentax K-7
DA 40mm/2.8
1/500 @ f/8
0 ev
ISO 400
RAW


No comments:

Post a Comment