Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cactus



Our house's previous owner planted many cactus, or should I say, cacti. Or may be I should call them "succulents." I don't know.

I would say easily about 50 different kinds, spread across our property, here and there. Some are at the peripheries, others on a flat ground down below the ravine, and I even ordered some funky rare kinds from the internet from Arizona and put them in pots. And also that one from Africa I have . . . .

I am sure that there are ones that will grow to be 25 feet tall, like the ones you see on old western movies. I hate to even look at some of them because they are so ugly. The one that look like a huge dead lettuce that grow side ways. I hate that one.


Here is another one. During the hot months, this kind turns pink and then green. Weird.


Pentax K10D
FA 31/1.8 ltd
1/350 @ f/5.6
0 ev
ISO 100
JPEG

No comments:

Post a Comment