Thursday, March 25, 2010

Worst architectural photography




Here is another genre I know nothing about. It is hard to do this, but I think I know less and less about it everyday. It is an odd genre of photography in that you take pictures of buildings and ..... ah, ok, then next??


Here we have a picture of our library at home. This is a horrible picture. This is probably not even considered as architectural photography. The background is out of focus because I didn't use a tripod, which I wanted to talk about in the next few days. Here is a fair warning; I hate tripods.

Pentax k-7
DA 15 mm ltd
0.6s @ f/4
-0.7 ev
ISO 200


Here I could have gone for higher ISO which would have allowed me to have a faster shutter speed, and then the background would have been sharper. But, then again, I have to step back and think about what benefit I would get by having the background so sharp in focus. Would it improve the photograph? Maybe. Then I ought not to use it, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment