Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bad bird picture, again






It is not that I am a bird lover. In fact, far from it. I eat chicken without reservation, even if there are other things to eat. As a photographic target, they are pretty good for practice. I am sure that they would be glad to hear that there is something that they are good at other than being eaten. Good for them.

Here, again, this picture is a horrible. If I had a 135mm film camera, I might had made a mistake of making the picture better by practicing better exposure technique on the "feather" area. But digital photography - it just brings out the worst in me, as many things amazingly do. It turns out that it is not just photography. You should really see me with a scalpel....



Also, this Pentax K20D - many "Pentaxians" rave about this sensor now that K-7 is out (they have other things to bash). They say the color rendition of the sensor is like no other. Here, being WP (worst photographer), I disrespectfully disagree. I say they don't know what the hell they are talking about. The color rendition, first of all, do not entirely rely on sensors, you idiots. Second, often time the colors shot by K20D look almost fake. So I use it for BW photography... Here, I shot it in JPEG (another sin according to some), but toned down the color.


Pentax K20D
DA 70mm ltd
1/350 @ f/6.5
0 ev
ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment