Monday, March 22, 2010

Very amateurish macro photography 3/22/10




Macrophotography is interesting. It's hard to plan ahead (for me anyway) because what I see in the finder view with macro lens I am just not used to seeing. Tripod is a must. In fact, I think that cheap tripods won't do it either. You might as well call macro lens "flower lens" because that is what people seem to take the most of. A stupid picture like this you see every where, and it just does not capture your imagination or inspire your inner self or hidden talent or crap like that.


Currently, Pentax in their line-up offers 3 k-mount macro lenses.

DA 35 ltd
D FA 50
D FA 100 WR

I don't have the 50 but have the other two. Very distinctively different lens as expected, since the focal lengths are so far apart. WIth 100 you don't have to get so close, but 35 sometimes you need to get so close that using a tripod becomes difficult. All the difficulties I experience of course is wonderful because my pictures will be that much worse off. It is a lose-lose proposition that I just can refuse any time I want to.


Pentax K-7
D FA 100 mm macro WR
1/400@f/5
0 ev
ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment