Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ned, Ned, Ned, Ned . . . . . . .





Ned Bunnell is the president of Pentax, USA. He has extensive journalistic background, impressive knowledge base in printing business, and most importantly that he seems to be genuinely a good guy. Of course, you really don't know until you actually meet the person in person. He may well be a SOB, although I doubt it.

I follow his blog, because I shoot Pentax. If I am going to be shooting the worst pictures in the world, I need to know what defective and unpopular Pentax products they have out there so that I can buy them. If Ned admits to such failures of products (doubt it), then more credibility.

Here is his recent post:



He says there are no differences in quality between Japan and Vietnam versions. Of course, Ned. Of course. I know that you would tell as well if there is indeed a difference. . . . . Huh huh. Okie Dookie, dude!!


Among pentaxians (which I will talk about sometimes in the future), there has been a great debate amongst themselves in regards to the quality of the lenses, especially FA ltds, between those made in Japan versus Vietnam. Most people are saying that the ones made in Vietnam are inferior. That was just so 60's and down right racist. So I went ahead and bought a FA 31 ltd, specifically avoiding the made in Japan version.

The result of this purchase has been very disappointing. The lens is fantastic. It makes anybody's pictures look better than what they really are. So I don't use it much any more. I have never owned the Japan version, and now I am definitely not interested because if it is indeed better (doubt it), then I certainly wouldn't find any purpose in it.




Pentax K-7
DA 70mm ltd
1/125 @ f/2.8
-1.3 ev
ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment