Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pentax Photo Gallery






Pentax Photo Gallery (I haven't figured out how to put down a link to another site yet!) is a very cool site. People who shoot Pentax, pros and amateurs alike, can submit their photos, upto 10 per week, to be selected for display on their website. Anybody can log on and vote on all the photos being submitted. Ones that make it through this preliminary selection process will eventually be evaluated by some sort of an editor, or a group of, who decides which one gets in and which one gets whacked.

Pictures being displayed are all fine pictures. Perfect focus and aperture, golden rule of third and all, pretty vibrant colors, exotic far and away locations, and the whole nine yards. They are not the kind of pictures that I would like to take, but nonetheless, I like going to that site and stare at pictures, especially when I have nothing better to do.

As for me, I have submitted literally thousands of pictures to Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG), and I am proud to say that not one has been accepted for publication. I do this just to make certain that I am still the worst photographer of all time. If my pictures get accepted by them, that would be the day this blog will end. That's for sure.


As for the picture, this shitty picture was also turned down by PPG. Not surprising, as it looks like crap.


Pentax K-7
D FA 100mm macro WR
1/400 @ f/5
0 ev
ISO 200

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow crappy Pentax photographer I love your blog. Keep up the good, err crappy work.

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mark. Thank you for tuning in, like millions of others. Nice to hear from another Pentax shooter. However, I bet you that I suck worse than you!!

    Hope to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete