Thursday, April 8, 2010

Worst lighting job




I am very much mindful of lighting. I realize that it can make or break the photo. An awesome lighting job will typically not make the ordinary picture stellar, but a lame lighting job can easily make the ordinary photographs completely putrid, as it is the case here.

Yes I am mindful of lighting, but I still don't know anything about it. I have put a lot of thought about lightings and shadows and their interplays and what benefits and consequences that can have on the photo. I think I understand the issues alright, and as a photographer, I am not sure if you need a whole lot more than that, unless you are an extraordinary fashion photographer who shoots in medium format inside the studio all day.

And, at the end of the day, I prefer natural light over flash. Yes, I have less control with the direction and intensity and other aspects of it, but that is what makes my photographs awful. As you can see here, I have zero control, which serves my purpose very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment