Thursday, February 25, 2010

Very boring



This was taken with Pentax DA* 50-135 f/2.8. This lens's new focusing system, SDM, has been noted for its frequent failures, making many faithful Pentaxians very angry on the internet. Mine doesn't work well either. It squeaks like a chip munk (also well reported), and fails to work correctly most of the time. Interestingly enough, once warmed up, the focusing does get better a bit, but nontheless, this is a complete nonsense. This has to be the worst performing high end lens on the market today, and it is really a pity because the optics are fantastic. This is a perfect lens for me, because of its "worst" characteristics. Also, most of the times I manually focus anyway, so in reality, I really don't give a shit about SDM. I have few more DA* lenses, and all of their SDM don't work properly (gee, what else is new), and I just love it. I hear that Pentax charge over $300 to repair them, and I bet you anything that the shipping and handling are not included. I will continue to buy all the stupid DA* lenses because I know that SDM will never ever work. Awesome.


Pentax K20D
DA* 50-135
1/125@ f/3.2
0 ev
ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment