Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sensor noise




As I said before, I shoot with Pentax.

Although the market share of Pentax stinks, there are some die-hard Pentax fans out there. I realize that there are fans for every brand, but for a brand that is rarely recognized these days, it is a bit odd.

The fans of Pentax really complained when K-7 came out after much hype because there are lots of noise. In fact, there were more noise (according to some) than the previous model, K20D. Worse yet, the newer entry modey called K-x apparently has a better sensor with less noise (again according to some).

I really don't care about noise. If there is noise, then you ought to use it to your advantage, or disadvantage in my case. Even if I didn't like it, I wouldn't waste time complaining about it. I would just go out and take some pictures.



Pentax K-7
DA 21mm ltd
1/60 @ f/3.2
+2.0 ev
ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment